The Alliance of Scholars Concerned about Korea welcomes new members, including faculty, students, policy experts, and concerned individuals. Existing members are encouraged to invite new members who share the goals of ASCK and wish to work together to accomplish its stated aims. The membership procedure is as follows.
- The prospective new member should agree with ASCK’s mission statement.
- The prospective member should email email@example.com and provide the manager with his/her affiliation (if applicable), web address (if desired), and email address.
- Within approximately one week, the new member will be included in the email discussion group of ASCK members.
- A member can be removed by a majority vote of the ASCK steering committee.
- Voluntary dues are $30 annually for faculty and researchers and $15 annually for students. Checks should be made payable to Namhee Lee and sent to:Namhee Lee
Associate Professor of Modern Korean History
Asian Languages & Cultures
University of California, Los Angeles
290 Royce Hall, Box 951540
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1540
Voluntary dues will be used for recurring ASCK expenses such as publicity and website maintenance. All use of ASCK funds must be approved by a majority vote of the Steering Committee. ASCK members may submit proposals for use of funds to the Steering Committee. Any one-time use of funds exceeding $100 must be reported within five days to the general membership.